Status: Bottled and Collecting Dust
This batch is somewhat of a spin-off of the Apfelwein recipe that I made last month. I used a different brand of apple juice, added more sugar, and put in a bit of Cranberry juice cocktail to give a different little bite to it. I dissolved the turbinado sugar in a saucepan of apple juice to make sure it mixed in well. It tastes vaguely similar to the first Apfelwein, but the added sugars gave it a boozy flavor, and the cranberry juice didn't particularly ferment well. It's barely drinkable and taking up space.
- 4.5 Gallons HEB Central Market Organics Unfiltered Apple Juice
- 0.5 Gallon Organic Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- 2 lbs. Dextrose Monohydrate
- 1.25 lbs. Turbinado Sugar (AKA Sugar in the Raw)
- 5 oz. RedStar Montrachet Dry Wine Yeast
Force Carbonation in 5 gallon cornelius keg @ 40° F, 12 psi.